Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tiny Phrases


See my own artwork here.

Those who have graciously read my previous post might recall something about a scrapped beginning of my current project. I'll be posting some of that eventually, but I'm going to completely derail myself for a second here and talk about prompts. I love them about as much as tic tacks, which is a lot. I have a couple saved on my hard drive in case I ever need to explore a character or just write for the hell of it, so I'm going to share a few with you. They're mostly sentence fragments, but that's the fun. You make something from nothing. It doesn't take very much to start your own idea, so maybe they'll even become springboards for you.

stuck in a ditch

trying to be inconspicuous

morbid curiosity

limping home

trying to dredge up some courage

split-second choice

waking up in a hospital

metaphors involving fish

cafeteria mystery meat

"Do you miss me?"

sliding glass door

the smell of pond scum

airplane diorama

where did the bees go?

wandering alone but feeling surrounded

"I am going away."


If you write anything about them, please feel free to reply in the comments section. I'd love to read.


This post's featured artwork, seen below, is by, B1nd1. Click the image for a bigger view.



No comments:

Post a Comment