Friday, December 3, 2010

Someone at the door - An introduction


See my own artwork here.

When I was very young, my mother taught me to knock on the door before prying it wide open. Out of politeness, mostly, because who wants some little kid barging in unannounced? I noticed that adults don't feel obligated to follow that slip of motherly advice anymore, which I guess is why you're here. But, that's alright. I'm not opposed to uninvited guests, so long as they're odd. If you aren't weird at least in some small way, I'm afraid you might get lost here.

Train rides are fun, red lights are not, and socks are too restrictive. Hitchhiking sounds like it might be an adventure, and the glass is half full of coconut flavored jelly. I have the hand writing of a doctor missing eight fingers, but I think I might have a few stories to tell. We'll see if I can get anyone to listen.

My name is Marissa Smith, and I'm here to flavor your day with a pinch of strange.

Every post, which will include some kind of mind-barf of my own design, will include a piece of artwork from Deviantart.com, linking back to the artist.

First up is this one, by wangjia. Click the image for a bigger view.


2 comments: